Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Great phone call I just had

My best friend in the world, who will be 3 in August, apparently realllllly misses me.

I got a phone call from his mom, Heidi, tonight asking when I would be available to babysit him, because he keeps talking about me. He's in summer camp five days a week at his pre-school, and Nijel told me that he "knows" when he's supposed to come to me and always asks on those days if he is going to see me that day.

Well, today, he saw Heidi get her workout stuff together to go work out with Nijel, and his eyes welled up and his lip started quivering, and he wanted to know why he couldn't go with her so he could, "See Aimée and draw pirate ships with her today."

Heidi said "You're almost like an extra mom to him!"

That's my sweetheart!!

I'll be babysitting him on the 25th.

We'll be in Orlando next week, so I think that when I get to the Pirates of the Carribbean, I'll have to get him a souvenier. I miss my little buddy.

No comments: