Monday, December 18, 2017

Directionally challenged

This blog has had two different purposes since it began. Well technically, three, because I technically started it almost as a joke. It moved into a place to tell my story, to keep me sane, and to be where I could document a major portion of my own life, as well as my city's life. But what now?

It disappeared while I drew into myself, got pregnant, had a baby, and parented for two years. I've resurrected the blog now, but the description seems to not fit any more.

I don't want it to be a Mom blog. I guess it can just move into observations again, with some other posts. My previous post was so very heavy. I need it to lighten up. I suppose I could start with the successful pregnancy, because I feel like that needs to go before I can discuss anything else. But then in order on Mom Blog. It will probably end up being my next post, though, simply because I feel like it can serve as hope for those still in the infertility trenches.

2 comments:

Misti said...

I always struggled with what to do with my blog---it was very mom blogish that first year of F's life but I'm glad I documented all of that. If I hadn't it would never have been written.

I've always just kept things eclectic. I could never focus down like many people ended up doing and monetizing. I like writing about everything.


PS: I'll read whatever you write. ;)

Mae said...

Aw thanks. I need to stop doing this on my phone. Good lord. So many typos and incomplete thoughts haha.