Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I thought I was the coolest person in the world...

But apparently, I'm not. I thought this because I'm listening to Duran Duran's greatest hits album in my car this week, and there ain't nuthin' cooler than that. But then, Caroline was singing "Notorious" last night, and I decided to show how I'm the coolest person in the world, and apparently, that crackwhore is listening to it in her car, too. So I have to share the title. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Left off my lists:
Songs I shouldn't love but do:
Black Eyed Peas, "Let's Get it Started/Retarded"
Gwen Stefani
OutKast, "Hey Ya."

Stuff I unabashedly love:
Duran Duran

I need to take a poll. See, I have this friend, and his name is Over-21 Jeff. He was named this at a legendary party where he was the only person of legal purchasing age, and my brother was around, and to distinguish between which Geoff/Jeff was out, we called them "Over-21 Jeff" and "Under-21 Geoff." Yes, they spell their names differently, but they're pronounced the same, so you DO need the distunguishing titles.

Well, today, Under has moved up to Over. Yes, today is Geoff's 21st birthday. So we have two Over-21 Geoffs/Jeffs. That can't work. It's been like 6 years. It'll be hard to stop thinking of him as "Under."

But we need to rename them. The obvious choice is to make them "Over-21 Geoff" and "Almost -30 Jeff." But Over doesn't like those implications. So, for this year, They could be "Over-21 Jeff and "21 Geoff," but that is lame. Then I tried "Old Fart Jeff" and Young Fart Geoff," but Over didn't like that either. So I suggested, "Old Fart Geoff" and "Older Fart Jeff." Over really hated that.

I suppose we could just stick to calling them Over and Under, with no ages listed, but I think new names every few years is funnier.

No comments: